JumpSeat allows the alteration of the look and feel of tips, according to personal preference, and application requirements. Most options are fairly straightforward, and affect the position and scale of tips, as well as their general behaviour and display. It is important to note that when the style of a step is edited, you are not editing the style of all steps, but rather the step that you are on/in.
You can change the style of a step when adding steps to a guide. Note that the look and feel of each step is unique. As an admin user, you can edit the position of the tip in relation to its parent object, the size of the tip, whether or not the title of the tip displays, if the flight deck closes when guidance begins, and finally, whether or not multiple steps display at once.
- Position: Where the tooltip appears in relation to the selection item
Orphan (middle of the screen)
- Show Title in Tip: You can opt to go without a title
- Show with Previous Step: Will allow multiple tips to appear on the page at once
- Close Sidebar: Best practice is to keep flight deck closed during guide
- Wayfinding Tooltip: Check this off for each guide step you would like to appear as a wayfinder. (See wayfinder section below)
- Spotlight: Will darken the screen except for the tooltip
- Restrict Element Use to Only Trained Users: Will deactivate the selected object until the user has completed the training on how to use it.
- Note: default settings for the application can be adjusted by an administrator in the JumpSeat back-end.